Yesterday the Modern Muse Team and I challenged you to write down what you were grateful for in 2015; and to write down what you are going to be grateful for in 2016.
Did you find that it is much easier to reflect in gratitude than it is to project gratitude? I know I do. Why do I still resist what I have researched? There are many psychological explanations that I could share with you, but I am afraid I might bore you to tears with all the explanations.
The bottom-line is fear.
I still struggle with fear. Even though year after year I face my fears and wrestle them to the ground so I can continue to climb to the top, I still struggle with fear.
- What will others think of me?
- Will my friends & family still love me as I embrace my calling with more intention?
- What if things don’t work out like planned?
- When will I ever learn to slow down?
- What if I never get to be a mom?
- What if? What if? What if?
The bottom line is this: These “what ifs” stop us from aligning with what is possible. As this year comes to an end and I reflect on all its blessings, I choose to project gratitude for 2016. I am going to embrace the “what ifs” with a joyful heart. Instead of being fearful of the unknown, I am going to trust these truths in response to my questions above:
- Those who matter in my life won’t mind what I do or don’t do in 2016. Inspired by Dr. Seuss
- My true friends will always love me no matter what & my family will always love me because this is what they do! They love!
- Things never work out as planned and yet with a plan, they always work out better than what they would have worked out without one!
- I will never learn to slow down. Get over this desire.
- “Where there is a will, there is a way.” This year I am going to commit to the adoption process the way in which I commit to my work. There has to be a baby waiting for Ryan and I to adopt or this desire wouldn’t be this strong. I really want to be a mom!
- And as far as the rest of the what-ifs…. I will let those problems be solved as they show up! I’ve got this with a little help from my friends! Inspired by Garth Brooks.
With that, I am embracing the momentum of 2015 with joy in my heart! 2016 is going to be my best year yet! I am convicted and committed to this truth! My hope is that you are convicted and committed to this truth for you as well! Blessings beyond measure to you & yours!!
If you want to learn more about Modern Muse Consulting and what we do for our clients, I recommend you attend our upcoming conference. It is called “Set Sell!” It will be held next Tuesday, January 5th. If you want to find out more, click on this link: http:/ www.modernmuseconsulting.com/setsell/.